Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Probationary Officer exam will be conducted in two phases – Preliminary and Mains. IBPS PO Prelims Exam will be conducted on 7th, 8th, 14th & 15th October 2017 and the IBPS PO Mains exam will be conducted on 26th November 2017.The two objective tests will be followed by an interview. Online application for IBPS PO 2017 started on 16th August 2017 and the closing date for applications are 5th September 2017. The objective of the exam is to fill in around 3562 vacancies for the post of Probationary Officers at 20 participating banks.
IBPS PO Prelim Exam 2017 Pattern
IBPS PO preliminary examination 2017 is an objective type test conducted online for a duration of 1 hour. There are total 100 questions and maximum score of 100 marks. Applicants who qualify the prelims exam will be eligible for the main exam. Paper will be available in Hindi as well as in English. There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer and each section has an individual cut-off. It is necessary to clear the cut-off in all the 3 sections to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam. The syllabus for IBPS PO 2017 Preliminary Exam is different from the IBPS PO 2017 Mains Exam.There will be three sections in IBPS PO Preliminary Exam 2017- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
|Sr.No||Name of the Test||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks|
Practice with IBPS PO Online test series to improve your speed and accuracy.
Here is a list of all important topics to prepare for IBPS PO Preliminary Exam 2017
Quantitative Aptitude Section
A total of 35 questions will be asked in Quantitative Aptitudesection and the total weightage would be 35 marks out of the total 100. Focus and practice the following topics.
- Simplification: Approximation, Long multiplications, Square cubes/roots & Cube roots, BODMAS Rule, Decimals, Fractions, Surds & Indices, Percentages etc. Practice IBPS PO Mock Test papers for improving accuracy and speed.The mock tests will also help in analyzing strengths and weaknesses.
- Quadratic Equations: Solve as many questions as possible and learn to find the roots in less time.
- Percentages: Percentage change/ increase and decrease.Calculation-oriented basic percentage.
- Data Interpretation: Line Graphs, Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables.
- Data Sufficiency: Number System, Averages, Percentages, Ratio & Proportion, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Problems on Age, Mensuration, Mixtures &Alligations, Time and Work
- Permutation and Combination: Arrangements, Ranking
- Probability: Balls, Deck of cards, Dice. Solve the problems on events, differentiate favourable and unfavourable events.
- Interest: Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Mixed Interest, Installments
- Miscellaneous topics: Ratios & Proportions, Profit & Loss, Partnerships, Problems on ages, Linear Equation, Number series, Combination of Operations,
Reasoning Ability Section
There will be 35 questions in the Reasoning Ability Section with a total of 35 marks.
Try to focus more on the below-mentioned topics.
- Data Arrangements: Linear Arrangements, Circular Arrangements, Tabular column.
- Inequalities: Rules and Concepts.
- Blood Relations: Family tree/Relationship representation.
- Puzzles: Arrangements, North South arrangements, Logical reasoning, Critical thinking.
- Direction sense: Drawing and analyzing directions
- Coding & Decoding: Coding by Letter Shifting, Coding by Analogy, Coding in Fictitious Language, Coding Letters of a Word.
- Miscellaneous topics: Double Lineup, Scheduling, Classification, Series
English Language Section
IBPS PO English Section for the prelims exam will comprise of 30 questions and they carry a total marks of 30. Following topics are important for this section.
- Reading Comprehension: Topics related to Banking & Economy, Business, Social Issues etc.
- Grammar: Tenses, Articles, Prepositions, Subject Verb Agreement, Parallelism, Degrees of Comparison, Sentence Construction, Phrasal Verbs, Pronouns, Adverbs, Non-Finite Verbs, Common Errors etc.
- Vocabulary (Cloze Test, Fill in the Blanks, Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement)
- Verbal Ability (Para Jumbles) Rearrangement & Anchored paragraphs
The final selection of the candidate for the post of Probationary Officer will be made by taking into consideration the cumulative score of both the exam and the interview. A merit list will be generated after the Interview Process of IBPS PO 2017 Exam has been concluded.